Monday, December 14, 2015

Doll for Sale - SOLD

and one of the reasons I don't do commissions any more (and have learned something in the process).

A number of years ago I was contacted to create a doll representing an animated character. I did not require a deposit, but did spend quite a bit of time and money making the doll to the requested specifications... only to never hear from the commissioner after it was all said and done.

I need to make some more space in my studio, so I'm selling this doll (SOLD).

This elf doll is about 21 inches tall, and is all cloth. Her clothing is not removable, and she does not stand alone, but requires a doll stand (not included).



 
The doll was made from these illustrations:
 

2 comments:

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Cute doll! Years ago I learned the very same lesson when someone wanted a doll similar to one that I had made for a niece. After making the doll I never heard back from the person. At least it was from a pattern and from stash fabric so I was only out the time spent in sewing. That same doll sits on a chair on my cutting table keeping the other dolls company. :-)

Connie Turner said...

This little doll shows what a terrific crafter and artist you are. Get a down payment from the commissioner next time. I'll bet you sell her quick.
Connie Turner
connieturner5@gmail.com